Friday, September 01, 2006

Gwyl Macs 2.9.06


There's not much about the Gwyl Macs festival in the blogging world, so I thought I'd post about it here. It's a whole day of music on a site just outside Carmarthen. This is the first year it's held, but the organisers have a lot of experience in arranging gigs.
There's a MySpace site for the festival. Here's a map of the site (main stage is in the cow shed - how cool is that!). Two of my favourite bands are there: Euros Childs and Radio Luxembourg, but I'm also looking forward to hearing loads of bands that are new to me. Camping is included in the price of only £15 if you want it, and it's not to late if you've not got a ticket, you'll be able to pay on the gate.

, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 Comments:

Blogger Wynne Jones said...

As a recent convert to Welsh language music this would have been a perfect festival to go to, but for the fact that I live in Gogledd Dwyrain Cymru.

Plus, the first I heard of this event was today, in Craig Owen Jones's column in the Daily Post, 'Gog Sound'. Apart from yours, I haven't seen a single blog mention the Gwyl Macs festival. Strange.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great fun. Do you (or anyone else) know if this festival is being recorded or played on the radio?

9/01/2006 11:05 pm  
Blogger Rhys Wynne said...

I regret not blogging about it earlier. I first heard about it on maes-e and saw fliers for it at the Eisteddfod. My girfriend read about it in the Western Mail. Maybe it wasn't pushed that much i north Wales as they didn't think many would travel. A few Gogs had traveled down plus some from over the border who'd heard about it through the messageboards and MySpace.
I think the orghaniser would like it to be a south Wales version of y Sesiwn Fawr.

DOn't know if was recorded. People from Radio 1 Wales and Banit were there, but as members of the croud rather than to cover it, although it's worth tuning into Bandit on S4C on Thursday.

Some welsh gigs are held in Mold and a few in Wrecsam. Have alook on Curiag.org, even if you can't read Welsh, have a look on the gigfap (gig map) in the gigs section for dates and venues.

9/03/2006 3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home