A freind of mine left his copy of the Western Mail in the back of my car on Saturday, and as it was recycling day in our house today, I put it in the green bag. But for some silly reason, and I don't know why, but I had to look at the letter's page
, something both my doctor and therapist have advised my agins on many times. I wasn't dissapointed
Monarchy abolition would spell disaster
Sir - The people of the Principality have a right to know why Plaid Cymru's policy on the Monarchy would be such a disaster for them and for the future of Wales.
1. Places that get rid of Monarchy usually end up as economic or political basket cases. Monarchy is then quickly restored to regain sanity and peace.
2. Last year The Prince of Wales raised more than £110m for charity. Can anyone in their right mind see a Welsh politician or president doing the same?
3. Our Prince is a constant and reliable visionary. He set up The Prince's Trust to help the young. He saw the abandoned and acted - unlike politicians.
4. By not speaking Welsh regularly our Prince is more representative than many of these politicians. Seventy-five percent of people in Wales do not use the Welsh language.
5. Politicians serve factional interests. Impartial royalty unites us all by being above the political riffraff who tend to be two-faced back stabbers.
Why surrender these benefits to the untrustworthy practitioners of petty party politics in Wales?
Leader, Monarchy Wales
I'd like to know two things
1. What's Plaid Cymru's actual policy towards the Monarchy, does anyone know?
2. Is this man in his right mind?
By googling Monarchy Wales I found their website
. I got the answers to both questions:
1. Plaid Cymru want Carlo to be the last Prince of Wales
I got this information from their Archives
page, which claims, (among other things) that Plaid Cymru's policy towards the monarchy is what's responsible for their recent poor showing in the polls:
On Tuesday August 29th an opinion poll suggested that support for Plaid Cymru had fallen since they resurrected their policy of a referendum on the Monarchy. Plaid Cymru's poll ratings fell by 4% in the latest YouGov survey with the main beneficiary being the Conservatives who were up 5% overall. Labour was down 3% whilst the Liberal Democrats were also down by 4%.
This section really shows what kind of fool this man really is, as he reads the content of the Doomsday Book and notices:
The Book, seen by less than 1% of the population until now, was commissioned by the King in 1085 when he was the sole landowner within his new Kingdom. The documentation reveals that great swathes of modern Wales were under his control, including Monmouthshire and Gwent, and significant parts of Powys, Clwyd and Gwynedd. Interestingly these places are officially registered as being within England...
Really, is that so, how wierd! The idiot even celebrates the fact that a group of people were unsuccesful in their bid to buy land at Bryn Glas
to remeber a battle were Owain's army beat Edmund Mortimer army
. He finished with
However, the campaigners were forced to admit that they had not received any replies and that their plan, like that of Glyndwr, had ultimately failed.
What a twat